‘Potato slice Jeon’, a Korean pizza made with potato
Potato slice Jeon is popular in Korea these days because the cooking method is simple and tastes good.
What is Jeon?
Jeon is a food made by kneading ingredients such as meat and vegetables with flour, water or eggs and cooked with a small amount of oil. You can make various jeons by adding various ingredients. Representative jeons known in foreign countries are pajeon or seafood jeon. These are all made by adding green onions and seafood in a batter containing water, eggs, and fry powder.
Unlike ordinary Jeon today’s Potato slice Jeon is made with only potatoes without fry powder & water. The reason why you can make jeon with only potatoes is that the potatoes stick together because of the starch from the potatoes.
Making 'Potato slice Jeon'
Potatoes, salt, oil, eggs, ham or cheese can be added.
1. Thinly slice the washed potatoes. Thinly slice the potatoes horizontally, and then thinly slice the sliced potatoes vertically. If you find it difficult to use potatoes, you can use a slicer.
2. Put the sliced potatoes in a bowl, add salt, and mix evenly.
3. Put oil on the pan and place the potato sticks on the pan.
4. Spread the potato sticks flat with a spatula.
5. Make a hole for eggs.
6. Put the egg in the two holes and cover it with the lid.
7. You can eat the egg while it is soft-boiled, but I turned the potato Jeon over once and cooked the egg completely.
8. Sprinkle ketchup on the finished Potato Jeon and eat it.
9. When making potato Jeon, You can add toppings such as ham or cheese to enrich the taste.
As introduced above, you can solve a delicious meal with just the potatoes at home.
If there are many cases where people eat their own food at home because of the corona, it would be good to use potatoes like this for one meal.
Next time, I’ll post how to make seafood Jeon.
Have a nice day~