Making a mini size Korean omelet(“Korean joen”) with enoki mushroom and shrimp.
Recently, there was a case where 4 people died after eating Korean enoki mushrooms in the United States. Enoki mushrooms are a mushroom that Koreans eat very often in everyday life.
Since Koreans do not eat enoki mushrooms raw, there has never been a scary (?) incident related to enoki mushrooms.
1. The efficacy of enoki mushrooms
Enoki mushrooms are used in various dishes because their texture revives when cooked. Besides, it is very good for your health. For example, it has diet effect, anticancer effect, prevention of adult diseases, fatigue recovery, constipation improvement, bone and tooth development promotion, dementia prevention, etc.
2. Making a mini omelette
Enoki mushrooms are eaten in various soups, stew, and meat dishes. . I usually eat it with doenjang stew.(Korean stew). This time Let’s make a small Korean-style omelette with enoki mushrooms, green onions, shrimp and red pepper. In fact, what is made in this way is called ‘jeon’ in Korea.
‘Jeon’ refers to seafood, meat, or vegetables, thinlysliced or chopped, seasoned, coated with flour, and pan-fried in egg batter.The process is not simple, and in Korea, it is usually eaten on special days such as holidays (Chinese New Year or Thanksgiving). I’ll just call it ‘a mini-sized omelet’ because I’m going to mix it with vegetables, mushrooms and shrimp in a beaten eggs and cook it in oil.
3. Mini Omelet Recipe
- 1 Enoki mushroom,
- 1 green onion,
- 4 eggs,
- 1 red pepper,
- A pinch of salt
1.Chop the enoki mushrooms finely.
2.Chop the shrimp finely.
3. Chop green onions finely. Cut the green onions vertically long and thinly, and then cut them horizontally.
4. Chop red pepper and add it.
5. Add 4 eggs. Add or decrease the amount of eggs according to your preference.
6. Mix the omelet ingredients well.
7. Add salt.
8. Put oil on the heated frying pan. I used grape seed oil. It has a high smoking point of 250 degrees, so it is suitable for various tempura dishes and pancakes.
9. Scoop a spoonful of ingredients and place on the pan.
10. In the same way, add several ingredients one after another.
11. Turn over when it looks moderately ripe.
12. Small and easy to eat with a bite, the omelet is finished.
13. When the omelette is finished, plate it neatly.
14. put lettuce on a wooden serving tray and served mini omelettes.
15. Omelettes have become a great dish.
16. Let’s have a delicious bite. If you take a bite, it is moist and delicious like an omelette.
The reason enoki mushrooms are important in mini omelettes is that they stick together well when making omelettes.
Using this enoki mushroom as a base, you can make a mini omelette with various vegetables, meat, and seafood. However, if enoki mushrooms are not available, other mushrooms can be used. At this time, if the shape of the omelet is not well formed, try adding tempura powder.