Making ‘a Jjagechee’ the korean famous noodle.
Today, I will introduce JJA-GYE-CHEE, a noodle dish that is popular these days in Korea.
What is Jjagechee?
There are several kinds of instant Jajangmyeon in Korea.
what is Jajangmyeon then?
Jajangmyeon (자장면) or jjajangmyeon (짜장면) is a Chinese-style Korean noodle that topped with a thick sauce made of chunjang( kind of saouce), diced pork, and vegetables.
In summary, JJA-GYE-CHEE is a dish of instant jajangmyeon with egg and cheese.
The name JJA-GYE-CHEE(짜-계-치) is named after the Korean initials of the ingredients of ‘짜장면(jajangmyeon) + 계란(gyeran)egg + 치즈cheese’. Thanks to eggs and cheese, instant ramen can have a slightly more savory and natural taste. That is why it is popular among many young people.
Recipe of 'JJA-GYE-CHEE'
The recipe below is slightly different from the method written on the product packaging. That’s my own way. ^^
ingredient : Instant Jajangmyeon, 1-2 eggs, 1 or 2 Slices of cheese, Some of Sesame salt, Slice of greenonion
1. When the water (550ml) boils, add the noodles.
2. Put the dried instant ingredients together when adding noodles.
3. Cook the noodles a little less. (Take out a strand of noodles and check how well the noodles are cooked.)
4. When pouring out the water, leave a small amount of water. (the amount of water that can be seen slightly below the noodles)
5. Put the pot on the gas fire again and add the jajang powder.
6. Boil over low heat so that the sauce soaks in the noodles.
7. When the noodles are cooked to a certain extent, turn off the gas and add oil to mix.
8. Transfer the finished Jajangmyeon into a bowl.
9. Put 1-2 pieces of cheese on the finished Jajangmyeon. Cheese must be added before the noodles cool so that the cheese melts smoothly.
10. place 1-2 fried eggs on top of Cheese. I recommend to cook eggs Sunny-side Up. This is because the yolk serves as a sauce.
11. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the egg before eating to make it more savory and delicious.
12. Chop green onions and sprinkle on top.
13. Mix the noodles and ingredients evenly before eating.
Enjoy it !!
Nowadays, it is fashionable to mix instant noodles of different flavors in Korea.
‘Jjapaguri’ known around the world due to the famous Korean movie ‘parasite’, is a good example of mixing instant noodles with each other.
If a new instant noodle recipe is available, I will introduce it here.
All of you take care of your health~